Are you tired of the same old food for lunch? Do you crave something more flavorful and satisfying? Look no further than these delicious lunch recipes that satisfy your appetite and spice up your lunch routine. In this Spicyumblog, we will teach you to make three recipes including a rajma dal recipe, Namkeen Chawal, and Garlic Mushroom.
1. Rajma Dal Recipe
Rajma is a type of kidney bean commonly used in Indian cuisine, and this dal recipe combines it with fragrant spices and creamy tomato sauce for a hearty and satisfying meal. It’s a delicious vegetarian recipe that cooks the beans in a hot masala sauce made of tomato, ginger, garlic, and chilies.
Here are the steps to make this delicious rajma dal recipe:
· One cup of red kidney beans (rajma)
· One onion, chopped
· Two tomatoes, chopped
· One tsp ginger, grated
· One tsp cumin seeds
· One tsp coriander powder
· One tsp turmeric powder
· One tsp red chili powder
· Twotbsp oil
· Salt to taste
1. Soak the kidney beans in water overnight and drain the water and rinse the beans before cooking.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat the oil, add cumin seeds, and allow them to splutter.
3. Add the chopped onion, garlic, and grated ginger and saute for a few minutes until the onions turn translucent.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft and mushy and then add all the spices – coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder. Mix well.
5. . Add the soaked kidney beans to the cooker and mix well.
6. Add enough water to cover the beans and mix well.
7. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook for 3-4 whistles or until the beans are soft.
8. Once you release the pressure from the cooker, open the lid and stir well.
9. Add salt as per your taste and cook for a few more minutes until the dal thickens.
Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
2. Namkeen Chawal Recipe
Namkeen Chawal is one of the favorite Lunch Recipes of the Indian people. People make this dish on Basant Panchami day. It contains cooked onions, curry leaves, mustard seeds, green chilies, and coriander leaves.
Namkeen chawal is a popular Indian dish of flavored rice with spices, including turmeric, cumin, coriander, and red chili powder. The dish is known for its crunchy texture, flavorful aroma, and savory taste, which make it a favorite among children and adults. It is a delicious and filling meal that is perfect for any time of the day.
Here are the steps to make Namkeen Chawal Recipe:
· 1 cup basmati rice
· 2 cups water
· 1 tsp cumin seeds
· 1 tsp mustard seeds
· 1 tsp fennel seeds
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
· 1 tsp red chili powder
· Salt to taste
· 2 tbsp oil
· 1/2 cup peanuts
· 1/2 cup roasted chana dal (split Bengal gram)
· 1/2 cup curry leaves
· 2 green chilies, chopped
· 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1. Wash the rice thoroughly in cold water and soak it in water for about 30 minutes.
2. In a pot, heat 2 tbsp of oil and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and fennel seeds, and sauté for a few seconds until they start to crackle.
3. Add peanuts, roasted chana dal, and curry leaves and sauté for another minute.
4. Drain the water from the soaked rice and add it to the pot. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste and mix everything to get the aroma of the spices.
5. Add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pot with a lid. Let it cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
6. Once the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
Add chopped green chilies and coriander leaves and mix everything.
Namkeen chawal is ready to serve. Enjoy it as a snack or as a side dish with your meal.
3. Garlic Mushroom Recipe
Garlic Mushroom is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed as a side dish or a main course. Here’s a delicious and easy recipe for garlic mushrooms:
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat until the butter is melted.
2. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they are browned and tender.
3. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for another minute, stirring constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn.
4. Season the mushrooms with salt and black pepper, then stir in the chopped parsley.
5. Serve the garlic mushrooms hot as a side dish or over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Enjoy your delicious garlic mushrooms!
In conclusion, rajma dal, namkeen chawal, and garlic mushrooms are three delicious Lunch Recipes that can satisfy your appetite and leave you feeling energized for the rest of the day. All these recipes are easy to prepare and can be enjoyed by anyone, whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner. So why not give them a try and treat your taste buds to some delicious homemade food? If you want to learn some more healthy Indian recipes you can visit Spicyum’s official website.